Safe use of insecticides
Aim and Objectives
To provide delegates with the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary to apply insecticides safely within their own working environment.
Companies wishing to undertake their own insecticide treatments will normally require at least three trained personnel to allow cover for absence. Delegates are typically drawn from a hygiene background. The person in overall charge of the project will also require training.
Content will be tailored to the requirements of the site and may be built around insecticide products or application equipment that is already available.
- Legal implications of insecticide use.
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations.
- Selecting the insecticide and using it safely.
- Use, care and maintenance of sprayers.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Storage and disposal of insecticides.
Course duration varies with the number and type of insecticide products and sprayers covered but will typically be between three and four hours.
Delegates will sit a short exam at the end of the course. Certificates of Attendance (endorsed for those passing the exam) are provided for all delegates.
Contact Us for further details.